Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Lilla Rogers Global Talent Search

I've been busy recently working on my submission for Lilla Rogers Global Talent Search. This is an amazing opportunity for artists to work on a professional brief and have the possibility of winning 2 years representation with Lilla Rogers Studio, including various licensing deals and notoriety.

The 1st Assignment was to design a journal cover for Paperchase with the theme being anything to do with tradition playground items. 

My starting point was to collect some images to get a feel for what were my favourite playground items and get an idea of the Paperchase style.

From my moodboard I began drawing some general ideas and testedout a few characters along the way.


Images Copyright © Louise Harrison 2013

Finally I settled on using my drawing of the horse-on-a-spring as the main focus and here is my final piece!


Images Copyright © Louise Harrison 2013

I used a contrasting colour palette - trying to keep in mind the advice Lilla had provided with the brief. As a surface pattern designer I wanted to get a little bit of print in there to create a colourful back drop to my piece. I did a lot of swapping and changing and tried to keep my illustration vibrant and fun by using the floral elements to provide an outside/garden feel. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this assignment and its definitely brought out another side to my work.
Thanks so much for taking a look and good luck to all the artist who have entered!


No comments:

Post a Comment